Summer is officially here, and with that numerous summer sporting events! Softball and baseball teams have started games, summer soccer leagues have kicked-off, summer dance and gymnastics classes have begun, swim lessons are in full stroke, and the list goes on and on. Children are learning all about dedication, setting goals, practicing to improve their play, and learning the values of teamwork.
Along with all these fun summer activities comes various costs. Sporting teams have a great deal of expenses such as: team uniforms, new equipment and training tools, and costs to cover tournaments and competitions. Parents often find themselves scrambling to save extra money to fund these sports. For this reason, many sports team provide fundraising opportunities to help team members raise money to cover these costs.
Sports Fundraising Ideas
There are many different options for youth sports fundraisers today. The most important part is that kids have fun and continue to enjoy a healthy lifestyle. Nobody wants to sell more candy bars and cookie dough, right? Here are some ideas by sporting team:
- Baseball and softball team fundraising ideas may include reaching out to local business for team sponsorship or hosting a hit-a-thon fundraiser
- A local dance studio may choose to host a dance-a-thon to raise funds for a national competition
- A youth sports group may host a charity mini-golf tournament
- Cheerleading and Gymnastics fundraisers include performances and practice marathons
- Perhaps you’ve seen fundraising car washes to support summer soccer leagues…the options are endless!
- We’ve put together some great ideas of popular sports fundraising initiatives to help you identify the right type of fundraiser for your team, and provide you with some tips and guidelines to help you be more successful in your fundraising efforts.