With warm weather brings the kick-off of many outdoor sports, providing an opportune time to get the ball rolling to launch a sports fundraising campaign! Whether your team is raising funds for new equipment, uniforms, or travel funds for summer competitions, the following information may help you kick-start your sports fundraiser.
Important questions and factors to consider:
- How much volunteer time will the project take? Do you currently have committed parents or other volunteers to assist in your planning process? How will your team recruit more?
- How will players be involved? What roles can players, parents and coaches play?
- What are the upfront costs and how will you cover these?
- What are you teaching members of your sports team through your fundraising campaign?
- What kind of prizes are you offering to the top fundraisers? Anything that makes the event more fun for kids, means that your event will be more successful and raise more money.
Visit DoJiggy for more helpful guidelines and online fundraising software tools to help you plan and manage your team fundraising events, explore creative ideas for youth sports fundraisers, and read examples for sport-specific fundraisers for baseball, softball, swim, golf, and more.