Gymnastics has evolved since the time of the Ancient Greeks to become one of the most popular sports in the world. There are countless gymnastics teams in schools, community centers, and private training centers across the globe. It is a sport that can support agility in development, and many children start classes at a young age. Gymnastics fundraisers can be a fulfilling experience that can bond team members and acknowledge individual achievement.
Once the intent to seriously train in gymnastics is presented, a strict regimen can ensue. Gymnasts need to think about uniforms, competition travel, and outside training tactics. Gymnastics clubs need to invest in state of the art equipment and expert coaching. One way teams can offset these mounting costs is by organizing fundraising campaigns. But when you’re teaching kids about healthy eating habits, nobody wants to sell more candy bars or cookie dough. When working with youth and sports teams, it’s important to remember that they are learning valuable lessons as part of their fundraising efforts. Promoting junk food is not the best lesson – but being active and healthy certainly is!
Crowdfunding Events for Gymnastics Teams
The best type of fundraiser for gymnastic teams are peer-to-peer fundraising events in which team members generate donations via personal website pages. The participants register, create their custom page, then send it out via email or social media links. Family and friends donate to the gymnastics fundraiser on behalf of their favorite gymnast. The team still realizes a collective goal, but adding the element of competition can really encourage your event participants to fundraise.
Remember, creativity is the key to fundraising success. If your gymnastics team is interested in hosting a team fundraising event where donations and pledges are collected, consider creating a customized peer-to-peer or “a-thon” fundraising event. Here are a few examples that work well for gymnastics team fundraisers (and these ideas can also be used by cheerleading squads and dance teams):
- Gymnastics Marathon: Take a full day on Saturday and dedicate your space to an Open Gym where gymnasts can practice anything that they want. Coaches are there to assist, but this is a free day for the gymnastics to practice routines or get down a specific skill. Donors can pledge per hour and the gymnasts commit to working out for several hours time.
- Flip-a-thon: Gymnasts do as many flips (or back-handsprings) as possible within a set time frame. Individuals can set their goal on their personal fundraising page and report their success after the event. It’s a great event that involves both the coaches and the team.
- Cartwheel-a-thon: Coaches can allow gymnasts to take time out of regular practice to do as many cartwheels (or aerial cartwheels) as they can in a determined amount of minutes. This activity can be done in teams, as well. Once a gymnast is tired or dizzy, they high five a team member who takes over and the counting continues from where the first gymnast left off. The activity not only serves as a creative and fun event, but it is great exercise as well.
Though mission driven fundraising such as the above ideas are great gymnastics fundraisers, not all crowdfunding events need to be directed toward the team members as the sole participants. Gymnastics teams may want to include friends and families to participate in their fundraising event as well. Walk-a-thons, Fun Runs, Hike-a-thons and Bike-a-thon fundraisers are popular events that bond the community to support the team while promoting health and fitness for all.
Utilize Crowdfunding Software for Success
Crowdfunding software allows each team member to create a personal fundraising page to share via email and social media channels. Individuals can cast a net out to family and friends to pull in donations far and wide. Overall donations are tallied on a homepage fundraising thermometer. The use of social media accelerates and expands the fundraising efforts to exponential proportions.
DoJiggy’s Crowdfunding Software Makes Crowdfunding Events Easy & Effective
Other Gymnastics Fundraising Event Ideas
With the popularity of gymnastics, teams can appeal to a broad public for support in gymnastics fundraising efforts. Here are some ideas for special events:
- Older and more serious students could consider organizing summer gymnastic camps. Week-long or all day Saturday camps offer young kids a chance to try out the sport and see performances by their teachers.
- School gymnastics teams can promote their abilities by hosting a school fundraising event where dollars are earned through ticket and concession sales, and the team entertains parents and peers with performances.
- Gourmet breakfast fundraisers are relatively easy to put together and popular, especially as a fundraiser for schools.
- Seasons often provide the motivation for special holiday fundraising events.
- In combination with any of the above events, additional revenue can be earned by hosting a charity auction or offering door prizes through a fundraising raffle.
Gymnastics Fundraising Product Sales
Product sales often work well for sports team fundraisers, and gymnastics teams are no exception. Some ideas for product sales may include:
- Natural soaps or locations
- Gift or discount cards
- Holiday gifts and products
Whether a gymnastics team is compiled of Olympic hopefuls or young students, gymnastics fundraisers can be an integral part of team success and individual possibilities.