DoJiggy is excited to announce the 2012 award recipients for the annual DoJiggy Giving ™ program. The company provides affordable, easy-to-use online fundraising software, but also supports nonprofits and community organizations through cash donations and in-kind software services. This year, they distributed $3,500 in cash awards to five non-profit organizations operating in North America. Award recipients were selected based on their mission and need for financial support; purpose of funding (goals, planned activities, and timeline for implementation); and expected results during funding period.
CONGRATULATIONS 2012 AWARD RECIPIENTS:
$1000 award recipients:
- Gabriel’s Angels delivers healing pet therapy to abused, neglected and at-risk children by instilling in children an overall emotional sense of well-being, safety and happiness. The organization will use funds to train pet therapy teams.
- Mainstay offers safety, support and assistance to families experiencing the emotional and physical pain of family violence and to provide an opportunity to work toward mending their lives and creating violence free homes. Funds from the award will be used to support crisis and shelter services.
$500 award recipients:
- Roots of Development helps impoverished communities in Haiti obtain the resources they need to sustainably manage their own development. Funds from the DoJiggy grant will be used to restore access to potable water and building protective structures to prevent future damage.
- The HALO Fdn. empowers youth in the greatest need to become contributing members of their communities by enhancing the living conditions and providing art therapy for orphans and at-risk youth worldwide. Funds from the award will go towards funding a 4-month program of Art Therapy in Uganda.
- InStride Therapy aims to improve the physical and/or neurological status of individuals with physical and mental disabilities through pet therapy sessions with horses. Funds will be used to support one child with special needs with hippotherapy sessions.
When selecting award recipients, DoJiggy reviews the required criteria, but also strives to award organizations with diverse missions and goals. This year’s award candidate pool includes: developmental projects in poverty-stricken regions, programs to enrich the lives of orphans through art therapy, treatment of at-risk and mentally ill children through pet therapy, and offering assistance to families experiencing the pain of family violence.
Learn more about the DoJiggy Giving program and the specific awards distributed for 2012.