Why Should Organizations Use Personal Fundraising Websites?
Personal fundraising websites are often used in non-profit crowdfunding and peer-to-peer campaigns. These website pages give your supporters an opportunity to make an emotional appeal in order to explain why he or she chose to get involved with your organization or cause. These personal stories help create a connection from the individual to the cause as well as from a potential donor to the individual. New donors are much more likely to make a donation to your organization when compelled to do so by a friend or co-worker.
If your organization is hosting a walk-a-thon fundraiser or other peer-to-peer fundraising (also called P2P) event where individuals are soliciting donations and pledges to raise money for your cause, it’s important to recognize that the success of your fundraising campaign lies in the success of these participants. These are the people who are out there spreading the word and requesting donations to support your cause. Your organization can help these individuals succeed by providing standardized P2P tools for participants as well as incentives to encourage meeting established fundraising goals.
Implementing crowdfunding software to manage your fundraising campaign provides participants with the ability to easily create multimedia personalized fundraising pages to personalize their fundraising campaign. Here they can upload photos and videos, make a personal statement and safely collect online donations for your organization or school. They can also manage communications to donors through personalized email donation request and thank you letters. These fundraising pages also provide social media sharing widgets so visitors can easily share the link on Facebook or Twitter to spread the word and drive more traffic to the fundraising website.
Personal fundraising websites must be not only easy for participants to create and manage, but also make it simple for potential donors to make secure online donations. Personal fundraising sites provide an opportunity for engagement by donors as well, by featuring rotating quotes from supporters in order to create a feeling of community and shared sense of purpose. Participants may also choose to post links on their web page to further information about the cause. If interested, supporters can learn more about the community they’ll be serving, watch videos posted on YouTube, link to relevant articles, or visit your non-profit website where participants may document their experiences and share photo albums of their journey.
What is Included in a Personal Fundraising Website?
DoJiggy’s personal fundraising websites include:
- A personal statement of motive which is created by the event administrator and customized by the participant
- Inspiring images and videos (up to four in any combination)
- A fundraising thermometer to show progress against a fundraising goal
- a Donate Now button that links to a simple one-page donation form
- Social Media share links for easy sharing
- Scrolling comments from supporters, so everyone can see who has donated (and amount donated, if desired)
- Link to the fundraising team page, if applicable
Working with your Fundraising Participants
Event participants will likely have many questions about fundraising and creating their personal fundraising website pages. Be prepared with resources on hand. Questions they may have include:
- How do you set up a personal fundraising website?
- How can I spread the word and attract donors?
- How can I collect donations without having to walk door to door?
- How do I prepare for the upcoming event?
- Do I need to write donation request letters and thank you responses?
- And, for team captains… they may be wondering how to recruit and motivate their team.
DoJiggy Makes Personal Fundraising Easy
Luckily, we’ve been doing this for a long time and we’re here to help with our crowdfunding software for non-profits. Our Crowdfunding websites make it easy for event participants to share their fundraising page and get donations from friends and family. Note that we work only with non-profits, schools and community organizations. We do not offer personal fundraising sites, such as for personal medical bills.
Some key features of our software include:
- Personal & Team Fundraising pages are the heart of the system. Each participant has a personalized page with images, videos, their mission statement, Donate Now button, a fundraising thermometer and social media links.
- Participants can send out an email or social media donation request to friends and family members, which includes a link to their personal page. Making it easy for potential donors to contribute is key!
- Team & Individual Registration: All participants may easily create or join teams.
- Prize Management: Track multiple award levels and print reports to easily distribute prizes. When participants reach a certain fundraising level, they get a prize widget on their personal fundraising page.
- Product sales – Sell event related products on your website.
- Reporting Capabilities: Always be able to check the progress of your online registration and fundraising goals in real-time so that you can plan that extra push to promote your event strategically.