Walk-a-thon flyers assist organizations in marketing their walk-a-thons. They are essential in helping to spread the word about pledge fundraising campaigns. Walk-a-thon Flyers are a basic “one-sheet” designed to explain the purpose of your event, educate people about the mission of your organization and outline the important details for the walk-a-thon or pledge fundraising event you’re hosting.
5 Steps to Creating Effective Walkathon Flyers
- Capture Attention: Create a fun name for your event, use an interesting headline, and include an introduction with you’re mission statement. One idea is to capture your audience’s attention with a shocking fact and a statement of how people can help. Example: “1 in 8 women today are diagnosed with breast cancer. You can help by giving back to your local community through participating in our Breast Cancer Awareness Walk-a-thon Event”.
- Why Attend? What are the perks? Tell them about the “fun activities” that are part of your event. Will there be free food and beverages, entertainment, music, etc? Will the participants receive T-shirts or other items? Will there be prizes for “most pledges raised”, “first to cross the finish line”, etc.
- Basic Event Details: Be sure to tell the quick summary of events…the “who, what, when, where and how”. What organization is hosting the event & who is the benefiting charity? Date & Time: include the date and location of the walkathon as well as the before and after activities.
- Pledge Website: You’ll definitely want to include a link to your pledge website where people can learn more about your walkathon and make online donations. Think of the walkathon flyer as a quick summary of your pledge event, and the website as a detailed version. Donors can find more information regarding the walkathon, details about the charity, learn more about individual participants and sponsors and, of course, make online donations!
- Sponsor Logos: Including sponsor logos on flyers gives local businesses the opportunity to gain exposure to many influential leaders in your community, as well as participants and the general public watching the event. This is a great way to say “Thank You” to sponsors, and is an excellent selling point.
Download Sample Walkathon Flyer Templates
Walkathon flyers can easily be customized for any walk-a-thon, bowl-a-thon, swim-a-thon, hike-a-thon or other pledge fundraising event. DoJiggy has created two templates of walkathon flyers for you to use. Simply customize the text and insert your own graphics or logo and you are ready to start spreading the word about your walk-a-thon. Download Sample Walkathon Flyers