We are excited to officially announce the award recipients from our annual DoJiggy Giving program. This past year, we distributed $5,000 in cash awards to non-profit organizations operating in North America with a budget of under $1 million USD. Each award recipient received a $1,000 grant to support specific fundraising programs, and were selected based on the following criteria: (1) Overview of the organization’s cause and need for financial support (2) Purpose of funding and (3) Efforts to spread the word and gain support for their nomination via social media.
Congratulations 2013 Award Recipients!
- Project Sweet Peas provides comfort to families with children in the intensive care units and to those who have experienced pregnancy and infant loss. DoJiggy funds will be used to distribute “My Sweet Pea’s NICU Journal” which allows parents to track baby’s stats, record thoughts & milestones made.
- Give Hope, Fight Poverty aims to foster philanthropy domestically by designing service-learning programs that engage US students & professionals with communities abroad and work together to educate, empower and lift orphaned and vulnerable children out of poverty. Funds from the DoJiggy grant will go towards providing electricity needed for a computer literacy program.
- Mental Health America of Fredericksburg addresses all aspects of mental health and mental illness though advocacy, education, supportive services and legislation. Funds from the DoJiggy grant will be used to support the mental health HelpLine that includes: a web based listing of agencies and practitioners with self-reported specialty issues, and advice for those seeking help.
- The Child Abuse Prevention Center seeks to significantly reduce the incidence of child abuse and neglect in Westchester County, New York by providing parents with the tools needed to raise their children to be happy, healthy and productive members of the community. Funds from the DoJiggy grant will be used to support the rigorous training of new volunteers who donate their time to serving these families.
- Everybody Eats! promotes socially, ecologically ad financially sustainable agriculture. Their mission is to increase local food capability by incubating new farms in Boulder county, Colorado and beyond, and providing food and farming opportunities for economically disadvantaged, immigrant and veteran populations. The DoJiggy grant will be used for recruitment efforts, training materials, translation services, hosting outreach events, and language assistance during training programs.
We’d like to thank all of the organizations that participated. The “good” you do in this world does not go unrecognized. We applaud your efforts and encourage you to keep up the good work. Working together, we will continue to make this world a better place one step at a time.