If your nonprofit is hosting any kind of fundraiser, chances are…you are going to be interested in a fundraising website where your organization can share information about your cause, manage fundraising event details, and collect donations online. Yet, there isn’t just ONE kind of fundraising website. You need to be sure to find the right features (i.e. online registrations, product sales, donation collection, social integration, reporting tools, etc.) in order to accomplish your goals.
Below we outline a few of the different features you may find in different types of fundraising websites, hopefully providing some guidance to help you select the right type for your fundraising event.
– General online donation websites: these fundraising websites are pretty straight-forward. they are a place for your nonprofit to inform people about your cause, and safely collect online donations. Some additional features may include the capability for donors to make both one-time and re-curring donations, as well as donations “in memory” or “on behalf of” another individual, as well as administrative features such as: progress tracking, donor management, email capabilities, and reporting tools.
– pledge fundraising websites – these sites are great for organizations hosting walk-a-thons or other pledge-events where individual participants collect online donations. These fundraising sites come with personal pledge pages, which give each participant the ability to upload photos/videos, make personal goal statements, collect donations, share their personal fundraising page with family/friends, and track personal progress. This type of fundraising website helps motivate and engage participants as they are able to personalize the fundraising experience. Administrators also have the capability to track participant/team progress, highlight sponsors, list event details (i.e. maps, checklists, etc.), and generate numerous from the central fundraising website.
– golf tournament websites. These websites may have many enhanced capabilities specifically for golf tournaments such as: managing golfer registrations, team pairing, advanced pricing options (multi-flight), integrated volunteer capabilities, selling golf merchandise, highlighting golf contests, showcasing sponsors, etc. Administrators are also provided with numerous reporting tools specific to charity golf tournaments.
– Event fundraising websites: If you are hosting a fundraising event such as a gala, fundraising carnival, or a variety of other events where people purchase tickets or register, this might be the perfect site for you. Find an event fundraising website capable of managing the entire event life cycle: event promotion and marketing, sponsor and sponsorship management, online event registration, product sales, donations, detailed financial reporting, and day-of-event operations.
– Online Charity Auction Website – if your fundraising event happens to be an online charity auction (or live auction event) an auction website is a great way to host your fundraiser! On your charity auction website you can list detailed descriptions of auction items, photos, donor information, item values, reserve amounts, bid increments and “buy now” pricing. Your auction website provides a safe way for bidders to register and safely make payments for items “won”. There are also numerous reporting tools available for administrators helping to promote the event, and make the auction check-out process easier at the close of the event.
DoJiggy provides fundraising websites for all types of fundraising events! These fundraising sites are customizable, so the look-and-feel supports your brand, and are easy-to-use for administrators, event participants and donors. We have created the following demo websites for you to try out the functionality of our services. This will allow for a hands-on experience with our software. If you like what you see, sign up for a free 14-day trial.