Nonprofits work hard year after year so they can spread awareness and continue to bring funds in to help support their worthy causes. But the reality is, that the way funds are raised is changing. Receiving money through grants or corporate sponsors is becoming more challenging. For this reason, nonprofits need to find fresh and new ways to raise money for their cause. One type of fundraiser that’s becoming increasingly popular is peer-to-peer fundraising. Through the action of crowdfunding individuals can help nonprofit organizations reach their fundraising goals…resulting in a much greater impact than an organization would have campaigning alone.
Many of our clients have achieved great success by hosting peer-to-peer fundraising events such as: Walka-thons, Run-a-thons, bowl-a-thons, bike-a-thons, swim-a-thons, etc. If you haven’t considered it…perhaps 2015 is your year!
Here are some of the highlights:
Nonprofits Accomplish Three Things Simultaneously through Crowdfunding Events:
1. Drive Revenue: Nonprofits can raise MORE money through online donations received by reaching a wider pool of candidates (accessible through various participants)
2. Gain Awareness: Participants can easily spread the word via email and social media tools, so your organization creates greater awareness for your cause. (especially if it catches on and goes viral)
3. Acquire New Supporters: by constantly reaching out to the same donor pool over and over, you may be exhausting your resources. Let participants open the door to NEW supporters that can begin to build a relationship with you and then introduce you to their networks
Make Your P2P Fundraising Event a Success with Online Tools!
- Crowdfunding software: Create a custom fundraising website with personal fundraising pages that allows each participant to “personalize” the campaign by uploading photos, statements and sharing the link to their page with family / friends to easily collect donations
- Fundraising Widgets: With the simple click of a button, your organization can promote your campaign with a fundraising widget, and your participants can spread the word with one-click sharing widgets!
Learn More about Crowdfunding for Nonprofits – check out our helpful tips and plenty of fundraising tools & templates to help your participants succeed.